Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Woes Of FLIP FLOPS
Read Before It's Too Late!

I wanted to share with everyone the foot problems that I have been dealing with lately. It started about 2 years ago with just mild pain in my heels and has grown into excruciating pain now. All due to wearing flip flops almost everyday!!

THIS SUMMER SHOE DESIGN IS BEST. WHEN CHOOSING A DESIGN, LOOK FOR A MINIMUM HEEL OF 1-2" THAT WILL SHIFT YOUR BODY WEIGHT TO THE BALL OF YOUR FOOT. CORK INSOLES ARE ALSO GREAT FOR CUSHIONING.
(I FOUND THESE AT PAYLESS SHOES FOR ONLY ABOUT $15!)

Flip flops are the worst shoe that you can sport in terms of foot health. They are flat and hard. This type of design not only offers no arch support, but also causes a constant pounding on the bottom ligaments of the feet. The ligaments become so inflamed that the damage becomes irreversible. I am now facing cortisone injections in both heels. I tell you this because it is awful and I don't want it happening to YOU! :(

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I mostly wear flip flops now, but have been trying to switch to wearing more wedges & shoes with cushioning because I have a very high arch and develop foot pain after a short time of walking around. But I'm sorry you're dealing with that pain :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi! I'm going to ask my doctor to load me up with vicodin before I get those shots! I am sooo freaked out about it!!

      Delete